Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ah, the joys of sickness

Poor D got sick on Friday night, and has been pretty sick the whole three day weekend. Then yesterday poor little Izzy got it. Dallas was able to go in to the doctor today and found out it's strep throat. Which means that is probably what Izzy has too. D took him to Urgent care as the base hospital was apparently too busy to see him.

D keeps saying he's just doesn't understand why I didn't complain more and why I didn't go to the doctor. I did complain some, but when it was at it's worst, the only thing I wanted to do was sleep, which is exactly what I did as soon as he came home from work. That didn't give me a lot of time for complaining.

Partly, I don't like going to the doctor because I always feel like the worst part is behind me and I'm getting better now, so why bother. But really, I just HATE going to the doctor. I hate taking the kids to the doctor. I don't know where this aversion comes from, but it is strong.

In hind-sight however, I'm figuring it would have been better for my family if I had, indeed, gone to the doctor. Then I could have gotten on anti-biotics and saved D and Izzy from getting sick. I'm just hoping we get it handled before the other three get sick. My poor L-bug is stuffy and congested, but I don't think she's got strep (yet) and Autie and A-bug seem fine so far.

So I guess there is more to that whole, "Take care of yourself" idea than just making me feel good. It's to make sure my family doesn't get sick too. Let's see if I can remember that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment